Work Breakdown Structure Template
This one-page Work Breakdown Structure Template is designed by a PMP certified project manager for decomposing the project work. It is fully editable and ready for use on your project.
This Work Breakdown Structure template is a project document that is used for decomposing the project scope of work. It is designed to decompose the project work by activities, tasks, and subtasks. In other words, it is prepared for decomposition of a single deliverable. Alternatively, the existing text can be edited so that it decomposes the project work by phases, deliverables, and relevant work packages.
Specifically, this template:
- is editable and constructed in a table with text;
- begins with a section that captures relevant project information; and
- provides sections for listing the WBS code or ID, the activity names, task names, and descriptions for each one.
By editing the existing text, this template can easily:
- divide the project scope of work into phases,
- decompose each phase into deliverables, and
- decompose each deliverable into work packages.
Who Creates the Work Breakdown Structure?
Typically, the Project Manager is responsible for developing the project Work Breakdown Structure. Of course, doing so often accounts for the input of various project team members, other stakeholders, and the project sponsor.
What Are the Inputs to Developing the Work Breakdown Structure?
The Scope Management Plan is the primary input to developing the Work Breakdown Structure.
Make Work Easier
We know this template will make your work easier. Want an even a better solution? Consider getting The Practitioner’s Book of Project Management Templates. This set of 86 templates will support you throughout the project life cycle. By the way, it includes this Work Breakdown Structure template.