Team Charter Template
This one-page Team Charter template is developed by a PMP certified project manager. Its’ purpose is to establish how the project team will operate together to complete the project work. It is fully editable and ready for use on your project.
This Team Charter template is a project document that establishes how the project team will operate together to complete the project. It castes the team’s vision for how they interact, what they value, how they makes decisions, how they resolves conflict, and more. Where there is full engagement, the act of developing the team charter can be a powerful team building experience.
This template is developed to support a wide range of project types and sizes. Specifically, it:
- begins with a section that captures relevant project information;
- identifies the purpose of the Team Charter and provides sections to identify the team members, team values, and communication guidelines;
- prompts the project team to establish decision-making criteria and implement a decision making process;
- provides sections to establish the conflict resolution process and meeting guidelines; and
- provides a section for including any additional team agreements.
Who Creates the Team Charter?
Often, the Project Manager leads development of the Team Charter. It most effectively developed by engaging the entire project team.
What Are the Inputs?
The inputs to the Team Charter may include the feedback of the project team members and organizational practices regarding communications, conflict resolution, and meetings.
Make Work Easier
We know this template will make your work easier. Want an even a better solution? Consider getting The Practitioner’s Book of Project Management Templates. This set of 86 templates will support you throughout the project life cycle. By the way, it includes this Team Charter template.