Scope Baseline Template
This Scope Baseline template is developed by a PMP certified project manager to support good practices in project management. As a fully editable project document, it’s ready for use on your project.
This 4-page Scope Baseline template is an important project document that captures the formally agreed upon definition of the project scope. Generally, it contains sections for the approved scope statement, approved work breakdown structure (WBS), and the associated WBS dictionary.
More specifically, our template:
- begins with a section that captures relevant project information, and
- provides sections for including the approved scope statement. Those sections capture the business need and project objectives, the project benefits, project requirements, project deliverables, a description of what the project does not include, the success or acceptance criteria, an estimated project schedule, the human resource requirements, the estimated project cost, project constraints, and assumptions.
- Thereafter, the template prompts the Project Manager to develop or insert the approved work breakdown structure (WBS),
- includes a section for developing or inserting the approved WBS, and
- includes a section for capturing approval of the scope baseline.
Who Creates the Scope Baseline?
Typically, the Project Manager is responsible for developing the project scope baseline. Of course, doing so often accounts for the input of various project team members, other stakeholders, and the project sponsor.
What Are the Inputs to Developing the Project Scope Baseline?
Inputs to developing the Scope Baseline include the scope statement, the work breakdown structure (WBS), and the WBS dictionary.
Make Work Easier
We know this template will make your work easier. Want an even a better solution? Consider getting The Practitioner’s Book of Project Management Templates. This set of 86 templates will support you throughout the project life cycle. By the way, it includes this Scope Baseline template.