Risk Response Template
This one-page Risk Response template is for planning responses to risk threats and opportunities. It supports project risk management.
Use this Risk Response template to plan a response to a risk threat or an opportunity. It is developed to support a wide range of project types and sizes. Specifically, this template:
- begins with a section that captures relevant project information;
- provides sections for listing risks and identifying whether the risks are threats or opportunities;
- prompts the project manager to select an appropriate risk response, (E.g., the Project Manager can select whether to escalate, avoid, transfer, mitigate, or accept risks which presents threats and escalate, exploit, share, enhance, or accept risks which present opportunities.)
- presents a section for describing the risk response in detail and identifying a detailed contingent response;
- prompts the Project Manager to identify a triggering event which would initiate a change request;
- provides space for including the change request description; and
- includes a section for obtaining approval of the Risk Response.
Who Creates the Risk Response?
Typically, the Project Manager prepares the Risk Response which accounts for the input of others.
What Are the Inputs?
The inputs to the Risk Response may include the risk management plan, historical information, expert judgement, and experience.
Make Work Easier
We know this template will make your work easier. Want an even a better solution? Consider getting The Practitioner’s Book of Project Management Templates. Our e-book contains a complete set of editable, project management templates. It expedites development of project management plans and supports project managers throughout the project life cycle. By the way, it includes this Risk Response template.