Requirements Traceability Matrix Template
This one-page Requirements Traceability Matrix template traces product or service requirements from their source to relevant project deliverables. It supports project requirements management.
This Requirements Traceability Matrix template traces product or service requirements from their source to relevant project deliverables. Our template also tracks the deliverable due date, the person responsible for implementing it, the tester, and the acceptance status.
This template is developed to support a wide range of project types and sizes. More specifically, it:
- begins with a section that captures relevant project information,
- provides for assigning identification numbers to the requirements,
- prompts the Project Manager to record the name and a quantifiable description of each requirement,
- provides for identifying the WBS deliverable to which the requirement pertains,
- includes sections for documenting the due dates and person(s) responsible for implementation, and
- includes section for documenting the tester and the status of each requirement.
Who Creates the Requirements Traceability Matrix?
Typically, the Project Manager is responsible for tracking project requirements. Of course, doing so must account for the input of various project team members, other stakeholders, and the project sponsor.
What Are the Inputs?
There are numerous inputs to the development of a Requirements Traceability Matrix, including the project charter, any relevant contract, the project management plan, and the strategic plan/objectives.
Make Work Easier
We know this template will make your work easier. Want an even a better solution? Consider getting The Practitioner’s Book of Project Management Templates. Our e-book contains a complete set of editable, project management templates. It expedites development of project management plans and supports project managers throughout the project life cycle. By the way, it includes this Requirements Traceability Matrix template.