Requirements Register Template
This one-page Requirements Register template is designed by a PMP certified project manager. It is fully editable and ready for use on your project.
This Requirements Register template is a project document that is designed to capture conditions or capabilities that must be present in the product or service to satisfy a business need. It also provides for categorizing, prioritizing, and approving the project requirements.
Specifically, this template:
- begins with a section that captures relevant project information,
- provides for tracking the date that requirements are received and the source of the requirements,
- prompts the Project Manager to provide a name and quantifiable description of the requirement,
- includes a section for assigning categories and priorities,
- includes a section for describing how the requirements meet a specific business need or strategic objective, and
- provides a section for documenting the name of the person who approved each requirement.
Who Creates the Requirements Register?
Typically, the Project Manager is responsible for logging requirements. Of course, doing so must account for the input of various project team members, other stakeholders, and the project sponsor.
What Are the Inputs?
There are numerous inputs to the development of a Requirements Register, including the project charter, the project management plan, government or industry standards, legal requirements, organizational culture and management practices, and the purchase contract or agreement.
Make Work Easier
We know this template will make your work easier. Want an even a better solution? Consider getting The Practitioner’s Book of Project Management Templates. This set of 86 templates will support you throughout the project life cycle. By the way, it includes this Requirements Register template.