Requirements Management Plan Template
This eight-page Requirements Management Plan template is used for identifying the requirements management approach. Additionally, it prompts the user to provide processes for analyzing, categorizing, prioritizing, quantifying, approving, tracing, and validating project requirements. It supports development of an effective subsidiary management plan.
This Requirements Management Plan template is developed to support a wide range of project types and sizes. It is a subsidiary management plan that describes the processes by which requirements become identified, analyzed, categorized, prioritized, quantified, approved, traced, and validated.
More specifically, it:
- begins with a section that captures relevant project information;
- prompts the Project Manager to describe the management approach;
- specifies processes for identifying and collecting requirements and logging requirements;
- prompts the Project Manager to specify how requirements will be analyzed, categorized, prioritized, and quantified;
- provides for the processes associated with approving, rejecting, and deleting requirements;
- specifies how requirements are added to the Requirements Traceability Matrix and provides the process for validating them;
- identifies procedures for change control;
- includes places for noting assumptions, issues, and risks that are identified while planning scope management;
- includes a section for including relevant project documents for approval; and
- Lastly, it includes a section for scope management plan approval.
Who Creates the Requirements Management Plan?
Typically, the Project Manager has primary responsibility for developing the Requirements Management Plan. Of course, effective planning accounts for the input of various project team members, other stakeholders, and the project sponsor.
Make Work Easier
We know this template will make your work easier. Want an even a better solution? Consider getting The Practitioner’s Book of Project Management Templates. Our e-book contains a complete set of editable, project management templates. It expedites development of project management plans and supports project managers throughout the project life cycle. By the way, it includes this Requirements Management Plan template.