Issues Log Template
This fully editable, one-page Issues Log template will prompt you to document issues as they are presented, capture proposed resolutions, and track the implementation status of each one. It’s fully editable and ready for use on your project.
The Issues Log is a project document designed to capture issues that arise throughout the project life cycle. This specific Issues Log template is developed by a PMP certified project manager to support good practices in project management. For example, it provides for documenting issues, proposing resolutions, and tracking resolution status. More specifically, it:
- begins with a section that captures relevant project information,
- provides for assigning identification numbers to the issues and capturing the dates the issues were reported,
- prompts the Project Manager to record who the issue was reported by and to name and describe the issue,
- includes a section for describing a proposed resolution,
- includes a section to document who approved implementation of the proposed resolution,
- provides a section for assigning the proposed resolution for implementation, and
- includes a section for tracking status of the proposed resolution.
Our Issues Log template supports dependable and effective project management practices. Try it on a few projects. We know you’ll find it useful.
Who Creates the Issues Log?
Typically, the Project Manager has primary responsibility for logging issues. Of course, doing so must account for the input of various project team members, other stakeholders, and the project sponsor.
What Are the Inputs?
There are numerous inputs to the development of an Issues Log, including broken or under-performing systems and equipment, inadequate training, procedures that create undue obstacles, and more.
Make Work Easier
We know this template will make your work easier. Want an even a better solution? Consider getting The Practitioner’s Book of Project Management Templates. This set of 86 templates will support you throughout the project life cycle. By the way, it includes this Issues Log template.