Change Request Form Template
Use this three-page Change Request Form template to initiate change to a baselined project. It provides for describing the requested change and analyzing its’ impact. This template supports project change management.
This Change Request Form template is designed to be submitted in compliance with the Change Management Plan. Typically, it is submitted to the Project Manager for sizing. Thereafter, it is submitted to the Change Control Board for a decision. The purpose of the Change Request Form is to initiate a change to the baselined project.
This template is developed to support a wide range of project types and sizes. Specifically, it:
- begins with a section that captures relevant project information;
- provides sections for describing the requested change and the reason for the request;
- prompts the user to describe alternative options;
- prompts the Project Manager to perform risk identification and analysis associated with the requested change and to perform an impact analysis;
- prompts the Project Manager to identify the impacts to quality, schedule, and budget;
- provides a section for the Change Control Board to indicate whether they approve, approve with modification, reject, or defer the change request;
- prompts the Change Control Board to narrate their justifications and to insert any additional comments; and
- provides space for obtaining signed approval.
Who Creates the Change Request Form?
The Change Management Plan often specifies who can submit a change request. Our Change Request template is designed to be initiated by a stakeholder, submitted to the Project Manager for sizing, then submitted to the Change Control Board for a decision. It is fully editable; however, and can be tailored to fit a different change control process.
What Are the Inputs?
The inputs to the Change Request Form may include results from performance reviews, inspections, feedback from the project team, feedback from other stakeholders, and the Project Management Plan.
Make Work Easier
We know this template will make your work easier. Want an even a better solution? Consider getting The Practitioner’s Book of Project Management Templates. Our e-book contains a complete set of editable, project management templates. It expedites development of project management plans and supports project managers throughout the project life cycle. By the way, it includes this Change Request Form template.