Budget Tracker Template
This one-page Budget Tracker template tracks tasks associated with performing project activities. It supports project cost management.
The Budget Tracker template is a project document that is designed to capture the actual costs associated with performing project tasks. Recall that tracking actual spending is necessary for measuring cost performance.
This template is developed to support a wide range of project types and sizes. Specifically, it:
- begins with a section that captures relevant project information;
- provides for capturing task names and associated WBS ID numbers;
- prompts the Project Manager to record actual costs of labor, materials, supplies, travel, and overhead;
- includes a section for comparing the budgeted amount to the actual costs; and
- provides a section for recording the difference.
Who Creates the Budget Tracker?
Typically, the Project Manager is responsible for tracking actual costs. Of course, doing so accounts for the input of various project team members, other stakeholders, and the project sponsor.
What Are the Inputs?
There are numerous inputs to developing a Budget Tracker, including the cost baseline, invoices, receipts, and the time keeping records for human resources.
Make Work Easier
We know this template will make your work easier. Want an even a better solution? Consider getting The Practitioner’s Book of Project Management Templates. Our e-book contains a complete set of editable, project management templates. It expedites development of project management plans and supports project managers throughout the project life cycle. By the way, it includes this Budget Tracker template.