Activity Duration Estimates Template
This one-page Activity Duration Estimates template captures the estimated time it takes to complete a project activity. It also documents the level of confidence in duration estimates. It supports project schedule management.
This Activity Duration Estimates template is a project document designed to capture the estimate time it takes to complete an activity. Our template also provides for documenting the human resources applied to the activity, the number of hours in completing the activity, and the level of confidence in the activity being completed in the estimated duration.
It is developed to support a wide range of project types and sizes. Specifically, this template:
- begins with a section that captures relevant project information;
- provides for documenting the identification numbers of the activities and the activity names;
- prompts the Project Manager to record the human resources that will be applied to the activity;
- prompt the Project Manager to estimate the number of hours required to complete the activity;
- includes sections for assigning duration estimates and for recording the level of confidence in the duration estimates; and
- provides a section for capturing any additional information about the activities or their duration estimates.
Who Creates the Activity Duration Estimates?
Typically, the Project Manager is responsible estimating activity duration. Of course, doing so often account for the input of various project team members, other stakeholders, and the project sponsor.
What Are the Inputs?
There are numerous inputs to developing activity duration estimates, including the activities list, the work breakdown structure, the resource management plan, the scope management plan, and the schedule management plan.
Make Work Easier
We know this template will make your work easier. Want an even a better solution? Consider getting The Practitioner’s Book of Project Management Templates. Our e-book contains a complete set of editable, project management templates. It expedites development of project management plans and supports project managers throughout the project life cycle. By the way, it includes this Activity Duration Estimates template.